Birds especially Feral pigeons can cause a large amount of damage and hygiene issues for homeowners or other property owners. Pigeons take advantage of any ledge, balcony railings and the ever more common solar panels. There are many types of prevention or control methods used to deal with pigeons which are site-specific. Envirowell can supply many forms of prevention and control methods to suit you and your property. All methods available after for solutions that last.
Damage birds cause
Residential and commercial are particularly vulnerable to the problems associated with pest birds, their nests and their droppings. These are some described by the International Association of Home Inspectors:
- Noise: Many species of birds produce an incessant and irritating noise when they gather in sizeable numbers.
- Roof damage: Starling, pigeon and sparrow nests are often built in rain gutters, drains and the underside of roof corners that can lead to great damage, even collapsed roofs, when drainage systems are blocked and standing water is forced to rise.
- Blocked ventilation systems: Bird nests built in chimneys and ventilation systems can not only spread diseases through the system, which can block airflow to the building.
- Fires: Nests are typically flammable and therefore pose a fire hazard due to their construction of twigs, straw and dried droppings.
- Droppings: Droppings account for some of the most visible and serious problems associated with pest birds including dangerous and even fatal diseases to humans and animals; damage to building materials like wood, steel and iron; eat into roof material and eventually cause leaks; damage to air-conditioning equipment and industrial machinery while also risking human and animal life; wreak havoc on daily living and commercial operations; lead to negative image as people will question the cleanliness of a property with bird droppings running down the outsides; and slips and falls as bird droppings are slippery when fresh, which could cause people to slip.
Bird Control service
Control and prevention methods for other bird species such as jackdaws, magpies, crows and other members of the corvid family. Farms and other food processors can have a large impact from corvids from egg stealing to feeding on newly planted seeds. All forms of control and prevention can be supplied by Envirowell.
So if you have spotted any signs of a pest in your property.
Call us now so we can quickly get you pest free.